According to Statista, the global software development market is expected to reach $812 billion by 2027. With the market’s current worth of $593 billion, such a massive increase is caused by the growing demand for software development services.
Last year, Java was ranked as the second most popular programming language. Given the popularity of the language, building a strong Java development team can be something you are pursuing. So now, let’s explore more of Java and see how you can benefit from Java development services.
What is Java remote development?
The Java programming language has been at the forefront of software development for about three decades. It is currently considered one of the most well-recognized languages developers use. In short, Java is an object-oriented and platform-agnostic language. It is simple, concise, and straightforward. Often, developers suggest that Java is the language you write in once and later use anywhere you like. It is well-suited for different industries and platforms.
In this context, Java remote development is valued for its versatility. With thirty years in service, many Java libraries and frameworks have been developed. The language is used to create simple mobile apps and complex enterprise software alike. Thousands of desktop apps, mobile apps, and eCommerce websites around the world run on Java. You can equally reap the benefits of mobile development from it as well as desktop development. Yet, the reasons companies choose a remote Java team are much longer. So, let’s explore it further in more detail.
Why Choose Java Remote Development?
In a nutshell, there are at least five key reasons why Java remote development appeals to businesses. They are as follows:
- A significant Java talent pool. With Java at the top, many developers in the world know the language and plan to apply it to their projects. With Java remote development, you have a high chance of getting access to experienced and talented professionals.
- Industry-specific expertise. As mentioned above, Java is widely applied in various industries and markets. It means there are a lot of case studies to look at, and the language proved to be universal in terms of its benefits. At this point, Java development outstaffing services have ample opportunities to provide businesses with proper knowledge and expertise for their fields.
- No need for office space onsite. When you stick to a traditional hiring model, you need space to accommodate your team of developers. However, with Java remote development, you don’t need to spend time and money to have an onsite space. You just tap into the remote model and get the best Java developers can offer.
- Time zone coverage. Remote Java development outstaffing services are a great way to handle different time zones. You can choose the proper partner who will build a team in a particular time zone (including nearshore or offshore locations) to ensure the seamless delivery of the new product.
- Increased productivity. A remote Java team can adjust to your time zone and use this flexibility to complete your project in parallel with your internal team. Such a degree of flexibility grants a boost in productivity gained from two teams working on your project.
Overall, companies choose remote Java development because it grants access to a vast talent pool with industry-specific expertise, doesn’t require any onsite overhead as well as delivers increased productivity and the ability to work in various time zones. Now, let’s consider what you can do to benefit from a remote Java development team.
Java development team: How to build one
First, you need to become an investigator. Start by conducting market research and doing background checks on prospective vendors. While selecting a provider of remote Java development teams, and before hiring them, you should:
- Get a look at the vendor’s portfolio;
- Contact their previous clients;
- Conduct a technical interview with the candidates they provide.
When this phase is completed, it’s a good idea to check whether the candidates you selected have proper Java certification. There are four options: a Certified Master Java SE Developer, a Certified Professional Java EE Web Component Developer, a Certified Professional Java ME Mobile Application Developer, and a Certified Professional Java EE Business Component Developer.
Building seamless communication
After you conducted interviews, checked certification, and are about to launch a Java development team, it is time to proceed to the post-hiring processes. The starting point is communications. In most cases, a lack of proper communication channels is the businesses’ greatest issue when working with remote teams. Therefore, it is an absolute must to have it set up properly.
To build seamless communication, you need to do several key things. First, discuss the frequency of meetings and reporting. Second, select the appropriate means of communication. Finally, determine whether your Java remote team will use Slack, Discord, Teams, or alternative communication tools. Having regular and seamless communication is a great starting point for getting along with a Java development team.
Managing your Java remote team
Next, use management and tracking tools. For task management, there is Trello, Jira, and Confluence. For communication, there is Slack, Discord, Teams, and other tools. For collaboration, you can use Dropbox and Google Drive. Using the power of these tools ensures seamless communication, grants time-management capabilities, and helps teams collaborate on files and documents. At this point, you can hardly find a single company offering software development services that avoids using at least one of the abovementioned instruments. The same applies to Java development teams.
Testing and double-checking
Finally, to benefit from a remote Java development team, you must ensure regular tests and code checks are conducted through most of the software development cycle stages. In such a case, you need to focus on such methods as unit testing, system testing, integration testing, and acceptance testing. This comprehensive approach to testing ensures the product has no potential bugs or vulnerabilities. In addition, testing and code checking is vital for polishing the product and getting it ready for the big day of release.
A Java development team can bring many benefits if you know where to find and select a reliable provider. In this post, we focused on the process of hiring the best vendor for a remote Java development team and crucial aspects to consider during your cooperation. Follow the steps above, and make sure everything is running smoothly. In such a case, when used properly, remote Java teams can help you overcome challenges as a startup and difficulties an enterprise might face. Contact us if you require a team of Java developers.