A Guide to Custom CRM Software Development
Did you know that the global CRM software market is projected to reach $145.79 billion in 2029? Sounds impressive, right? Surely, there must be something behind such attention to CRM development, and it is the ability to skyrocket customer service and sales. When it comes to customer communication, sales analysis, account management, or sales automation, CRM systems can handle these tasks effectively. No wonder, the market is loaded with already-built SaaS solutions for customer relationship management. However, none of them can bring you more benefits than custom CRM software development. In this article, we focus on the many advantages of customization in CRM application development and provide useful tips on how to create such a platform.
Benefits of CRM software development
First of all, let’s define why launching your own customer relationship management system is a great idea. We can mention the common advantages of launching your own software, which is about delivering a tailor-made product where you as a customer decide what to include. Thus, you’ll be the one who determines the course for your product’s development. Further, we will dive deeper into some benefits of the custom approach to CRM development.
Going in line with the growth
CRM software development is often about responding to the company’s growth. When companies can’t handle an incessant flow of customers’ requests, they start searching for software solutions. When you run a fully custom CRM system, you can easily adjust its size and functionality to the number of your customers. If this number keeps growing, your system can grow in line with it. Surely, existing platforms can also provide you with scalability options. However, they can hardly match the ones you get while running your own software product.
Adjusting to your workflows
Every company has specific needs, so it’s always better to use custom CRM development services to build a solution according to your workflows that will address your specific CRM needs. If you using Slack or any other communication platform, it’s best to focus on the integration of your customer relationship management system with that platform. Also, if you have unique processes, make sure custom CRM software development considers all these processes. The better you adjust the CRM to your workflows, the more it will help you automate them and boost your efficiency.
Ensuring robust security
When it comes to custom СRMs that store and process volumes of confidential data, focusing on robust security during software development is a must. How can you keep an eye on all security concerns? If you build your own CRM solution, you will end up with a safer solution. As long as you keep full control over the system, you can enhance its safeguards and adapt to emerging security threats, which allows you to take your CRM application development to the next level.
Types of CRM platforms
Now that you know about the main benefits of CRM development, it’s just about time to see what’s on the menu. Basically, when it comes to CRM application development, you can build the following types of solutions:
- Operational solutions. These platforms automate sales, customer service, and marketing workflows. They also facilitate lead management, account management, and sales pipelines.
- Analytical solutions. Such systems process significant loads of data to provide statistics and useful insights. These, in turn, facilitate long-term company planning.
- Collaborative solutions. These are CRM systems designed to enhance communication and teamwork within enterprises or mid-sized businesses. They create flexible data exchange channels for your employees and customers.
CRM development: A Step-by-step Guide
Now that you see that custom CRM software development is a promising idea, let’s proceed with some practical insights on the topic. In our expertise in custom software development, we’ve seen a 6-step approach that will help you cope with the most significant challenges and to build a customer relationship management system that meets all your business needs. So, here are the steps you can take for CRM development:
- Decide on what you want to build. Here it goes about coming up with a decent idea and planning a solid roadmap to its implementation. Custom CRM software development should conform to a single question: How should your solution help address the challenges?
- Come up with a list of features. Once you’ve decided on the basics of your CRM system, think about what features it should include. Is it a dynamic calendar, a messenger, or a system of reviews? All of this should be settled before you start an active phase of CRM software development.
- Create an excellent UI/UX design. This step is about making your CRM system as user-friendly as possible. Wireframing and user scenarios will help you come up with great design ideas.
- Dive into CRM application development. This stage involves an active phase of CRM development.
- Use the best Quality Assurance practices. At this point, you should identify any issues or bugs in your app and fix them. Make sure to pick the right QA specialists to handle this task.
- Deploy the platform and integrate it into your processes. Once custom CRM software development is over, you can start making the most of it.
How to find a reliable CRM software development company
Now you’ve got a basic idea of custom CRM software development, and that’s already something. To put this information to good use, it’s best to work with a solid software development partner. How to find one? We recommend you focus on the following factors:
- A rich portfolio that proves the company’s expertise;
- Transparent pricing models;
- The seniority of developers and other software specialists;
- Access to vast pools of tech talent;
- A custom-tailored approach to each client.
nCube can help you build a team for custom CRM software development in Eastern Europe or Latin America. We helped such companies as doTerra, AstraZeneca, CrossEngage, Life360, and many more expand their tech units with skilled software engineers. Contact us and let’s see if our solution fits your business needs.