We’re looking for a Senior Rust Developer helping Blockchain and FinTech Businesses with software development. The company is incorporated in Hong Kong and has a global presence, with now about 70 workers based around the world, including in Japan; the US, the UK, Latvia; Ukraine and Argentina. The project is an industry leader in the fields of cryptography and distributed systems.
You will be responsible for writing high-quality code for our products. You will have the exciting challenge of working with cutting-edge research and technology with a focus on the market's needs. To support you on this challenge, our products have software architects, product managers, project managers, formal methods specialists, and QA test engineers, with whom you must communicate professionally, effectively and efficiently.
Technology Stack: Scala, Rust. Project Team Size: 70+ developers.
- Work independently and with teams across time zones on software development tasks
- Review specifications produced by architects and formal methods specialists
- Contribute to the design of algorithms
- Follow agile software development practices
- Write clean, straightforward, efficient code that satisfies previously agreed acceptance criteria and specifications
- Commit often and submit small pull requests frequently
- Cover your code with unit, property and integration tests when applicable
- Review the pull requests of your team members
- Fix bugs in your own code and in legacy code from others
- Be available for emergency fixing of severity issues on deployed products
- Integrate software components and third-party libraries
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Write documentation for your code, technical user manuals.
- 1-2 years of development experience using Rust. If you have development experience using C/C++ and demonstrate a good knowledge of Rust (professional or otherwise) you will also be considered
- Experience working with Git and Git workflow
- Practical experience with agile software development methods
- Knowledge of functional and polymorphism programming paradigms
- System programming experience: you’ll have strong experience in system development (ideally in Rust, but also relevant experience in C/C++ will be considered)
- Distributed system and network development, knowledge of asynchronous programming paradigms, especially as applied to Rust
- Skilled in software development methods such as agile programming and test-driven development
- English Upper-Intermediate.
Good to have:
- Knowledge of distributed and concurrent computation
- Degree in computer science
- Experience in developing cryptography protocols would be a bonus, as would blockchain experience
- Knowledge of the basics of cryptography.
- Challenging project
- Competitive remuneration based on qualification and contribution
- Full-Time job (Office in the very center of Kyiv or remote)
- Flexible working schedule, vacations, paid sick leaves, English courses
- Medical insurance
- Great team spirit.