We are looking for an experienced software engineer with strong technological background and analytical thinking to participate in the development of the next-gen trading platform.
The client provides next-generation P&L, position, and risk analytics software for any company that trades commodities. Based in Houston, Texas, their team serves hedge funds, physical trading companies, and some of the largest financial services institutions in the world. It is in an exclusive market and therefore has built an extraordinary team of experts, engineers, and analysts with experience from around the finance, technology, commodities, and capital markets industries.
As a member of the team, you'll help design, build, and deliver the very best commodities-trading software on the planet, all while solving hard problems that relate to how the world works.
Be part of a team that is excited about technology, embraces bleeding-edge tech, and believes in giving back to the world, both through their platform but also through contributing to the open-source community.
You'll get to build production software using Ruby on Rails, React, Go, Python, Postgres, Docker, Kubernetes, and more—because we don't shy away from using cool tech in production. As a member of our test-driven team, you'll find yourself doing things the right way, most of the time.
Experience / Skills required:
- 4+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience with DevOps and with container (e.g. Docker) and container orchestration technologies (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Experience with asynchronous and high-volume transaction processing
- Upper-Intermediate level of English
- A self-disciplined and task-oriented approach to development, documentation and code structure
- Design, develop, and test new features for next-gen trading platform
- Write efficient, maintainable, and reusable code and participate in and support the full continuous delivery pipeline
- Write and maintain unit and feature tests, and review other team members' code and tests
- Collaborate with and mentor team members
- Learn new technologies and help your teammates learn them too
- Modern technologies and management methods
- Career opportunities
- Flexible working schedule, paid vacations and sick leaves
- Medical insurance
- Great office location, possibility to work remotely